For October, I want to take us in a different direction to that of advocacy. I think this is both fitting and essential during this time of heightened political sensitivity. My desire is not to engage in a partisan discussion, rather I want to encourage all of us passionate and reflective educators to channel our own experience and beliefs in assuming a standing position on our own soapboxes.
Below are a few potential “soapbox” topics, and I welcome you to channel your passion about these and/or others that get you charged.
- Cutting arts programs in schools to focus on math and sciences
- Cutting or scaling back of physical education
- Replacing library’s print collection with ebooks
- Coding as a required literacy
- Coding in place of foreign language
- Social media in the classroom
I am looking forward to another great month of learning and sharing with our #blogamonth PLN.